Financial aid and scholarships:
Questions to ask the financial aid office
Be prepared when you meet with financial aid officers at the schools you are interested in. Below is a list of questions that may help guide your conversation.
- What is the total cost of tuition and fees, room and board at your college?
- How much has that figure increased annually over the last three years?
- What scholarships are available and how do I apply for them?
- Are additional scholarships available to upperclass students continuing into their sophomore, junior and senior years?
- What types of financial aid are available?
- What financial aid applications do I need to complete and when are they due?
- What determines whether or not I will receive financial aid?
- Do you meet the full need of every admitted student?
- Do I have to apply for financial aid every year?
- How and when will funds be disbursed to me?
- What is the refund policy for students who withdraw?