11300 NE 2nd Ave
Miami, Florida 33161-6695
|Level||Four or more years|
Financial Aid Office
Admissions OfficeOnline Application (Fee: $0)
|Total 2020 Full-Time Undergraduate Enrollment||2,857|
|Total 2020 Full-Time First-Year Enrollment||636|
|Total 2020 Total Enrollment||7,515|
|Middle 50% Range of HS GPA for Freshmen||N/A|
|Middle 50% Range of ACT/SAT for Freshmen||N/A|
|Test Optional||Yes - for Fall 2021 (learn more)|
|Accept Transfer Students||Yes|
|Minimum GPA of transfers||N/A|
|Total 2020 Full-Time Transfer Student Enrollment||300|
|Catholic Order Affiliation||Adrian Dominican|
|3 Most Popular Majors||Biology, Nursing, Psychology|
|Unique Academic Programs||Seamless programs in Education, Social Work, and Sports Management. These accelerated programs allow students to pursue their Master's degree while still an undergraduate student and complete it in only 5 years.|
- Located in Miami, Florida, we are a liberal arts college with a strong focus on diversity dating back to 1940.
- Did you know that Barry’s presidents were always female up until 2019, when we welcomed our first male president?
- In the year round sunny weather, we excel in all sports and won a combined 20+ NCAA Division II National Championships.
- One of our notable alumni is former NBA champion, Shaquille O’Neal.
- Barry maintains a strong commitment to Catholic social justice, collaborative service, and informed action through reflection.
- Our student body and faculty are enriched by diversity of belief and interfaith dialogue.
Information for the 2021 Latin America Virtual College Event
About Barry University:
HISTORY: Founded in 1940 by the Adrian Dominican Sisters, Barry University's growth throughout the years has been shaped by their core values. Originally founded as Barry College for Women, Barry has grown into a coeducational university that is one of the leading centers for education in South Florida.
MISSION: In the Catholic intellectual tradition, integration of study, reflection and action inform the intellectual life. Faithful to this tradition, a Barry education and university experience foster individual and communal transformation where learning leads to knowledge and truth, reflection leads to informed action, and a commitment to social justice leads to collaborative service.
ACADEMICS: Barry University's liberal arts focus emphasizes a well-rounded education, as evidenced by our wide variety of majors, minors, specializations, and elective courses. Your academic advisor will assist you in developing your schedule each semester as you work towards reaching your personal and professional goals.
Social Media Pages: