Latin America Recruitment Program
Latin America presents excellent recruitment opportunities for Catholic universities and colleges. Latin America and the Caribbean are home to the majority of the world’s Catholic population: 39% of Catholics are found in this region of the world. Many Latin American students and families recognize the importance of an international educational experience, with many students seeking to improve their English language skills.
About the Tour
The National CCAA has led the recruitment tour to Latin America since 2009. The smaller size of the tour (15 institutions on average each year) offers the opportunity for meaningful interaction with students, parents and counselors in as many as seven countries in just over two weeks. Tour participants participate in counselor breakfasts and visit carefully selected high schools, meeting with students who are interested in Catholic higher education and in attending college in the U.S.
Our Spring 2022 Latin America Recruitment Program will be held virtually on March 29 and April 19, 2022.
2022 Tour Coordinators: Stephanie Szczepanski-Dugo, Assistant Director of Admission at Saint Louis University (email@example.com) or Jenna Zwiller, Assistant Director of International Admission at Saint Mary’s College (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Latin America 2022
How: Virtual (via Zoom webinar)
What: Please carefully read the details about these programs listed below as there are multiple options this year.
- Tuesday, March 29th, 5:00 to 7:45 p.m. CT: 6x6 Virtual Fair hosted by StriveScan
- Tuesday, April 19th, 5:00 to 7:45 p.m. CT: Panel Presentations
On Tuesday, March 29th, The National CCAA will partner with StriveScan tp host a 6x6 virtual fair for Latin American students. The 6x6 fair will consist of multiple 45 minute sessions in which 6 colleges per session will present for 6 minutes each about their respective institutions.
*Unlimited spaces are available for CCAA members during the March 29th session.*
On Tuesday, April 19th, virtual panel presentations will be offered to Latin America students. These presentations will focus on topics such as applying to schools in the U.S., how to write a great essay, the Great GPA Game, and more. Participation in these panels is limited to 18 colleges/universities and we will close registration when spaces are filled.
The cost to participate in both evenings for the Latin America Recruitment Program (March 29th 6x6 and April 19th panel presentations) is $495.
- The $175 charge for the March 29th 6x6 virtual fair will be billed by StriveScan and the $320 for the April 19th panel presentations will be billed by the National CCAA.
- As a benefit in participating in both evenings, you will receive the contact information for students that the National CCAA will obtain from College Board Search to promote the event and contact information for students who registered to attend one or both evenings.
- The cost to participate in the March 29th Latin America 6x6 virtual fair only is $175 (billed by StriveScan).
- As a benefit in participating in the March 29th evening only, you will receive contact information for all students who register to attend the March 29 6x6 program.
The deadline to register for the Latin America Program is Friday, March 4. We encourage you to complete the registration form ASAP, however, for the best chance of getting a spot for the April 19th session.
Please contact tour coordinators, Stephanie Szczepanski-Dugo, Assistant Director of Admission at Saint Louis University (email@example.com) or Jenna Zwiller, Assistant Director of International Admission at Saint Mary’s College (firstname.lastname@example.org).
All college representatives participating in the Latin America Recruitment Program must attend each and every portion of the virtual program. The program is promoted with the understanding that all participating schools will be at each event.
Registration is only open to National CCAA member institutions.
What past participants are saying
"I think the Latin America tour offers a great opportunity for new professionals in international admissions. During my first tour, I was brand new to the field, but the tour leaders helped show me the ropes and really worked with everyone on the tour to better understand the landscape of recruitment in the region. Now, in 2020, I’m looking forward to leading the tour and being able to share my perspective and experience with new tour participants."
– Ian Sonia, Emmanuel College (MA)
"Being my first international tour, I didn't know what to expect, but the bar has been set very high."
– Jon Pepin, Stonehill College (MA)
"As a first-timer, I thought everything was wonderful. I will be back for sure next year and hopefully more after that!"
– Anne Faucett, Benedictine College (KS)